Thursday, December 8, 2011

Keeping it real

So its been sometime since I have posted in this blog. I admit , that my main purpose in originally starting it was to try to drive traffic to my Etsy shop. After being shafted by Etsy , which I'm sure at some point in time I will give more details on , I have had a lot to think about , and realized a lot of things. Its so easy to get caught up in the whole image thing, always looking to drive business . Its insane the things one will change or behaviours they will adopt all in the name of the mighty dollar. Well, Since being off of Etsy since Sept of this year , I have found that I dont really miss it. I dont miss the endless days and nights of work , i dont miss the fake personality i aquired in hopes that someone would be quicker to buy a puzzle if i bent to what I thought they wanted me to be. Well , here's how its going to be from here on out , Im Cathy , Im a wood worker, I make awesome puzzles if you'd like to purchase one thats great, if not , well thats fine to . I will use this blog to post things that i feel are worth posting , discussions i feel are worth discussing a nd anything else that I think and feel i should post. I will not pretend to be some mushy gushy , nature loving , save the tree's, organic, vegetarian soccer mom of the year ( not that theres anything wrong with that, to each their own as they say ) but i will return back to being Cathy , who makes puzzles and other wood creations and has her own thoughts , likes, dislikes etc. Back to where when people are rude , pushy bossy and just annoy the crap out of me , I can voice my opinion instead of being worried about that almighty dollar , and even better yet , the almighty good feedback. Its pathetic that so many of us have to kiss the worlds ass just for an attempt and hope that the ass kissing will bring good feedback. I have seen situations I have totally bent over backwards , went against almost everything i stand for , and in the end have a customer who is just non caring and evil , and leaves bad feedback anyway , and it wasnt even justified ! yes , your puzzle does look like the one pictured, its an exact replica , you couldnt get any closer , and when i email you to ask what you dont like about it , and offer to attempt to fix any issues you have, this requires an answer, not a leave bad feedback and run . i sometimes think these people i run across are my competition , my jealous haters, because call it arogant or what ever, when i run a shop, i run the show. Its happened on Etsy in huge ways , and now that i have went with feebay , oh my bad, ebay , it'll soon happen there as well , i'll make it a point ! some how some where some way it'll happen trust me , is my favorite quote for a reason . ok off my soap box, wow did that make me feel good and confident now time to kick up some saw dust !

No comments:

Post a Comment